[Debichem-devel] [Outreachy] pymol

merlettaia merlettaia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 10:19:03 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,
I've made testsuite for apbs (I took its own tests "(cd tests; python
apbs_tester.py -c test_cases.cfg)", installed them to usr/share/apbs, and
made sure that they work when installed).
Regarding python interface, which is used by pdb2pqr, it is not present in
source archive.
apbs source releases are available on github, but they contain both apbs
and pdb2pqr (probably because they both are developed in the same
repository)
https://github.com/Electrostatics/apbs-pdb2pqr/releases
On SourceForge there are 2 versions of apbs (1.4.1 and 1.4.2), but they
both don't have source archive. Version 1.4.0 is old.
I asked maintainers via gitter channel to add latest apbs source package to
SourceForge, let's see if they'll do it.
But probably changing debian/watch to take releases from github might be
the option.
I also translated debian/copyright to machine-readable format, but I
haven't checked if something is missing. There are also MAPBS (matlab
scripts) inside tools/ directory, they have their own license, but I
haven't installed them and haven't checked if their license present in
debian/copyright yet.

Regarding pymol, I'll fix debian/copyright now.

--
Best wishes,
Tanya.