[Debichem-devel] Question about packaging InChI library

Graham Inggs ginggs at debian.org
Sun Feb 28 10:51:29 UTC 2016

On 28 February 2016 at 12:05, Katsuhiko Nishimra <ktns.87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> * The upstream source[3] contains VC++ project files.
>   Should I strip them off from the original tarball?

Seeing upstream provide a .zip and you are already repacking, it is
not much more effort to strip some files with UscanEnhancements [1].
It should be as simple as adding a Files-Excluded: field to
debian/control, renaming your orig.tar to inchi_1.04+ds.orig.tar.xz
(ds for Debian Source), and adding dversionmangle=s/\+ds// to opts in
debian.watch.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements