[Debichem-devel] What about SVN to Git migration

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Mon Dec 11 21:57:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 08:05:18AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I would also like to migrate prospective packages which are mentioned
> in the Debian Med task list.  I spotted molekel[1] which I would also
> like to move to Git ... to ensure that the status will be conserved
> after the Alioth move.

Which version of it?  Molekel seems rather dead at this point; the
author moved it to github, but hasn't done any further development since
then in the last three years.

The 4.x version was kinda unique in its abilities, but isn't fully open
source IIRC.

The 5.x version is (I think) fully open source but was not on-par with
4.x in terms of features and stability last I looked.

And there hasn't been any major development in the last 10 years or so.

But that shouldn't stop you from converting it I guess.

> I repeat that I have not yet seen any reliable commitment to keep SVN
> working and I'm really concerned about this move.

OTOH, I haven't heard anything about going forward with gitlab for a
while, so not sure how urgent this is.

Michael