[Debichem-devel] chemps2 1.8.4-2 testing/unstable/backport

Graham Inggs ginggs at debian.org
Sun Jul 16 15:38:34 UTC 2017

On 16 July 2017 at 15:44, Sebastian Wouters <sebastianwouters at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the thorough check.

Thanks for looking into the issues!  I've uploaded now, with one added
changelog item to keep Lintian quiet when uploading to unstable after
experimental, see:
https://lintian.debian.org/tags/experimental-to-unstable-without-comment.html

> One question though: libchemps2-dev installs headers in
> /usr/include/chemps2/*.h. If you install two different architecture
> packages and then delete one, will the headers remain?

Yes, this happens quite often with -dev packages.  Identical files
with the same path are fine, the thing to watch out for here is
unexpected differences between the same file in different
architectures; e.g. embedded timestamps or something arch-specific.
e.g. https://bugs.debian.org/831450

> Fixed in a different way (by passing an argument to make), see [2].

Works for me!