[Debichem-devel] What about SVN to Git migration

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Sep 26 12:12:39 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 01:51:40PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 01:23:52PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 12:09:12PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Are you going to just migrate debian/ directory? If so, please go ahead;
> > if not, what will the git repository look like afterwards?
>
> I would consider following
>
>     https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#git-repository-structures
>
> since my Git workflow fits this.  There are other DebiChem packages
> following the same structure.

So you're only injecting the current upstream version into git, not all
previous ones?

Anyway, I tried to use gbp buildpackage once or twice and found it
convoluted, so I'd have to look into that again.

The pkg-postgresql team (which I've been contributing to a quite a bit
in the recent past on company team) is using a debian/ only model
(probably mostly due ot the svn migration, which I guess is much easier
this way), which so far I had no issues working with.

> In Debian Med policy I've also given a step by step description how to
> do the migration.  The used script might need very minor modifications
> for debichem and the authors file shuold be close to complete.

I'll take a look.

Michael