[Debichem-devel] What about SVN to Git migration

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Sep 29 11:37:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 11:28:36PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 26.09.2017, 13:51 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> [..]
> > Well, there is less than half a year left until SVN will be teared down
> > if I understood right.  This somehow makes one Debian Med package per
> > day (I have not counted - probably its not that worse but if I want to
> > have some free days it comes close).
>
> Can you please point out, where this has been announced?

I'm not sure whether it has been explicitly announced, but apparently
Alioth services not covered by gitlab (in particular svn and mailing
lists, i.e. this one) will need somebody to step up to maintain them.
This implies that they will be shut down if nobody does.

I asked in #debian-devel about this the other day:

17:45 <azeem_> so will svn.debian.org be switched off when we migrate
	to gitlab, or is this going to be maintained distinct from
	alioth going forward?
17:48 <olasd> ttbomk nobody volunteered to run a svn hosting service

Michael