[Debichem-devel] Git migration on February 4th 2018

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Sun Feb 4 21:56:04 UTC 2018

Am Samstag, den 03.02.2018, 22:10 +0100 schrieb Daniel Leidert:

> Everything is ready and in place to start the Git migration. I'd like
> to do this tomorrow evening, probably at around 7-8 o'clock pm CET.

Done. Packages have been pushed to salsa.debian.org:
https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/

Note, that for packages, which have not yet been uploaded to unstable
(e.g. libegad), HEAD points to a branch called 'wnpp', not 'master'.
IMO it should be easy to create master and merge this branch into it.
All other packages have a master branch. Also the Vcs* fields might not
have been fixed/added.

debichem: The debichem repository contains all the helper tools, icons
and text files we had in subversion. Maybe this repository should also
be used for any group related documentation (using e.g.
https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Host_project_web_pages
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/user/project/pages/index.html)

junk: The packaging stuff not put into any package repository has been
deployed into a Git repository called 'junk'. We probably don't need
the contents anymore. But just in case the repository will stay until
the end of the year. Access needs to be granted. Of course I also have
a fully working copy of the debichem subversion repository, if it
becomes necessary to create a Git package repository for any of the
packages currently in junk.

openbabel: I noticed, that packaging version 2.4 for Debian
experimental was done in the unstable branch in subversion. So I moved
all commits subject to Debian experimental in a branch called
'experimental/2.4'. This branch can easily be merged to master again if
necessary.

Created but not uploaded have been avogadro and rdkit:
https://people.debian.org/~dleidert/debichem/
For these packages the Git repositories currently on git.d.o have been
created with git-svn, dropping branches/history and all tags. Whereas
the latter can be fixed by manually adding them, I wonder, if we should
import the repositories created by svn-all-fast-export to
salsa.debian.org and then import the changes Adreas did to these
packages by simply importing the .dsc file with git-buildpackage. And
then remove their repositories on git.debian.org.

> At
> this time I'll install a lock to the subversion archive, so no further
> commits can be done.

FYI: I've created a subversion hook that will prevent any further
commits to our subversion service.

Regards, Daniel