[Debichem-devel] Git migration on February 4th 2018

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Wed Feb 7 00:12:21 UTC 2018

Am Montag, den 05.02.2018, 20:15 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 10:56:04PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Created but not uploaded have been avogadro and rdkit:
> > https://people.debian.org/~dleidert/debichem/
> > For these packages the Git repositories currently on git.d.o have been
> > created with git-svn, dropping branches/history and all tags. Whereas
> > the latter can be fixed by manually adding them, I wonder, if we should
> > import the repositories created by svn-all-fast-export to
> > salsa.debian.org and then import the changes Adreas did to these
> > packages by simply importing the .dsc file with git-buildpackage. And
> > then remove their repositories on git.debian.org.
>
> I'm fine with throwing away my SVN -> Git migration may be some
>    git format-patch  ->  git am
> might be the easiest way to import latest changes (but droping full
> history and doing a single commit might be fine as well.
>
> The only repository where some care might be needed is avogadro where
> I've created a qt5 branch with an *unfinished* Qt5 porting attempt.

Ok. I've merged your work. May I ask you to test the results from
salsa.d.o [1][2]?

It was quite easy. Here is how it works for avogadro:

git clone <new rep>
git remote add other <git.d.o rep>
git fetch --all
git checkout upstream
git checkout pristine-tar
git checkout qt5
git push origin upstream pristine-tar qt5
git checkout -b gdomaster other/master
git checkout master
git merge --no-commit --allow-unrelated-histories -X theirs gdomaster
git commit
git push
git push --tags

I then imported the new repository to salsa.d.o.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/avogadro
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/rdkit

Regards, Daniel