[Debtags-devel] Lots of bugs fixed

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Aug 1 20:30:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 09:31:23PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > Correct.  I'd proceed something like this:
> >
> >  1) Copy [tagcoll/debtags]' trunk into branches/bigmerge
> >  2) Checkout bigmerge
> >  3) Copy in stuff from [libtagcoll1/libdebtags1]
> >  4) Adjust the build systems

> Ok, I've gotten started. Already one question came up:

YOU ROCK!

> These is the structure of the repositories to be merged.
>         debtags/
>         |-- debian
>         |-- doc
>         |-- examples
>         `-- src
>
>         libdebtags1/
>         |-- debian
>         |-- debtags
>         |-- doc
>         |-- swig
>         `-- tests

> Do you prefer to merge both into a single directory like
>         debtags/
>         |-- debian
>         |-- debtags
>         |-- doc
>         |-- examples
>         |-- swig
>         |-- tests
>         `-- src
              (or maybe 'tools')

This one!

Rationale:

 - the libdebtags code needs to stay in a directory called 'debtags'.
   This allows it to compile without breaking, as the header files
   include each other with #include <debtags/foo.h>  in order to work
   fine also after being installed in /usr/include

 - src is fine for building the debtags tool, but one can find a better
   name.  apt uses 'cmdline'.  I probably prefer 'tools', and apt's code
   is never to be taken as an example anyway ]:-)

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>