[Debtags-devel] poptags

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Aug 13 16:41:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 06:33:09PM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:

> I'm writing this message to inform you that i did a small hack to
> cross information from popcon with debtags, called poptags[0]. It
> isn't strictly debtags but can be.
>
> It's still in early stages of development but i aim to replace my
> "apt-cache search regex" usage with "poptags regex or facet".

Nice!

I'm currently doing a bit of work on the libapt-front[1] side, and we are
having a very nice library integrating APT and Debtags data.  One cool
thing about the design of that library, is that it allows to add
different sources of information, and I'd like to have popcon data among
them.

Do you think you could make a 'popcon' tool with at least a 'popcon
update' command that, like debtags, downloads popcon data and creates a
binary index to access them quickly?  I (or you if you do C++) could
then integrate that library into libapt-front.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] libapt-front.alioth.debian.org
--