[Debtags-devel] Debconf5 news: Debtags in the Packages file and Alioth availability

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Thu Jul 14 18:59:00 UTC 2005

Hello Enrico,

> I've always advocated against put the Debtags data in the Packages file,
> but here at Debconf Anthony Towns proposed to give it a try and see what
> happens.  So I said "why not?"

I don't think this is bad. It increases visibility, and is a first
step to have maintainers do the tagging themselves.

> Then, Wickert Akkerman offered to help in moving all the Debtags
> infrastructure to Alioth.  Erich, we might have been found the place
> where the central database could run!  I'll talk with Wickert later
> about more details on how free we can be, but he told me there should be
> no problems in setting up even daemons if needed.

That would be very convenient. The machine I have the current database
on will run until end of the year for sure, but probably not much
longer.

The big remaining issue is the much-needed rewrite of the webUI... :-(

I'll be really busy the next weeks, I hope to find some time (for
real) end of August.
(Upcoming conference in early august...)

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\