[Debtags-devel] Debconf5 news: Debtags in the Packages file and Alioth availability

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:52:54 UTC 2005

Hi Enrico,

> 1. the main reference storage can be moved to svn right now, and I can
>    still download the data from the packagebrowser and bring them in
>    manually after safety checks.  This will protect us from accidental
>    or malicious changes, and will give us history tracking and backups.

You mean putting the tags-export under SVN control?

> 2. then we can move the mail bot to Alioth.  Wiggy is happy about
>    setting up aliases for the debtags.alioth.debian.org, and we can use
>    one of those.  If the mail bot code in subversion is current, me (or
>    I, if you don't have time) can try to go on and make it work.

The mail bot needs to run on the same machine as the database.
The mail bot code in SVN should be current. I'm currently wondering
what the last change was, so I could verify it easily... but maybe I
should just copy it to my repo from the server and run a diff... ;-)

We don't need mySQL. Postgres should work as drop-in replacement just
fine, since all calls I do are very basic queries. Any SQL database
should be fine, or a TDB database... that was the reason why I wrote
my tdb code, to use that instead.

> Do you see any problems?  Should I go on?

The database server is the same as the web server debian.vitavonni.de runs on.
I'd really like to move that. I of course can give you the source to
the CGIs, but it's really really bad...

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\