[Debtags-devel] Debconf5 news: Debtags in the Packages file and Alioth availability

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Jul 19 07:14:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 10:00:02PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:

> I assume that ftpmaster is not interested in managing
> the vocabulary; that AJ means to leave that job to us.
> If this is correct, then the integration of Debtags into
> the Packages file (and into debian/control, presumably)
> is an important forward step for us.

FTP-masters are definitely interested in outsourcing as much of this as
possible to us.

> However, we should still retain some ability to extend the format.
[...]
> If we add such an integer capability later to debtags,
> the ftpmaster scripts must not choke.

The ftpmasters are just copyng the data I give them into the packages
file: we can have any format we want for it.

Ciao,

Enrico going on :)

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>