[Debtags-devel] Some news

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Jul 21 18:57:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

WOW for the mention in the german magazine!!

After Debconf, the level of attention has indeed raised, and I'm seeing
an increase in bug reports.  I'm unsure how I'll be able to keep up with
all of them, but hopefully with more attention might come more people
messing with the code.  The learning curve is steep; I hope someone
manages, and I welcome suggestions on how to improve it.

I've completed the transition from implemented-in to made-of.  The
transition of the 'format' facet will be much more difficult, as some
tags will go to made-of::* and some others to works-with::*; in the
meantime, I've changed the description of the format tags to say they're
obsolete and one should use the others.

I'm slowly going through the intense round of mails about that
restructuring and performing changes to the vocabulary and the tagging
accordingly.  There's a lot to do, it might take some time.  As soon as
this transition is finished, I'll send to aj the new database so that he
can update the Packages file.

Martin Michlmayr asked me to post to debian-devel-announce about what
happens with debtags, now that the data is in the Packages file.  That's
a good idea, and I'm about to prepare an announcement and post it to
debtags-devel for review before sending it in the wild.

I LOVE the idea from debian-devel[0] of using tags to replace the techie
details such as "implemented in Perl" one finds in the descriptions.
Thanks Ben for pointing out the thread!

Ciao,

Enrico

[0]