[Debtags-devel] The rasterimage dilemma (was: Proposed Debtags goals for Etch)

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 20:07:10 UTC 2005

Hello

> An interesting question arising for me is:
> should we make a difference between raster images and photos?
> OTOH, photos are raster images. OTOH, many things are designed for or
> optimized for photos... ;-) like panorama tools, for example.
I was asking myself the same thing and actually wrote it down in the
last mail, but removed the paragraph before sending. My thoughts were:
rasterimage must imply photo, because each rasterimage program can be
used for photos, and else the user could get a resultset omitting
relevant packages (e.g. is gimp photo?). Additionally I guess there are
very few packages dealing with photos only (probably none), therefore I
dismissed the idea of a photo tag. However it could make sense as an
alias for rasterimage.

Greetings Ben