[Debtags-devel] Re: really early "sneak preview" on web frontend ; -)

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:45:14 UTC 2005

Hi,
after ages of no work, I've played around a bit more with JavaScript.
I HATE javascript. Especially when you can't use the real stuff (i.e.
xpath) because some browsers don't support xpath...

Well, slight updates to
http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebro2/
The contents on the right side, facet and tag, are loaded by the
browser from the xml file
http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebro2/tags.xml
(longdesc is yet unused)

What I plan is to request data in xml form from the debtags database,
then display it in the browser. Some of the drawbacks of the current
web interface, namely the huge tags list, can be solved this way: If I
use the static file I don't have to load that much data all the time.

Konqueror is still broken somewhat. First run is fine, but then it's
caching ruins everything.
If anyone knows how to prevent the "Not modified" error (i.e. instead
of getting the real data, I get that "error"...), please tell me.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\