[Debtags-devel] Re: really early "sneak preview" on web frontend ; -)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jul 23 10:33:25 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 02:45:14AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Well, slight updates to
> http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebro2/

I still feel the same problem as last time: when you expand a facet, the
informations below the mouse change, leaving me lost: in these kinds of
expansion, the item below the mouse cursor after the expansion should be
the same that it was before the expansion.

> What I plan is to request data in xml form from the debtags database,
> then display it in the browser. Some of the drawbacks of the current
> web interface, namely the huge tags list, can be solved this way: If I
> use the static file I don't have to load that much data all the time.

That's a neat idea!

> Konqueror is still broken somewhat. First run is fine, but then it's
> caching ruins everything.
> If anyone knows how to prevent the "Not modified" error (i.e. instead
> of getting the real data, I get that "error"...), please tell me.

In the past you would set the headers of the reply to ask for no
caching.  One was Pragma: no-cache, another was to set the expiration
date to yesterday.

I did some googling around:

This page does some caching tests on the browser:
  http://www.procata.com/cachetest/

More about controlling the cache:
  http://psacake.com/web/s.asp
  http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/reference/article.php/3472881