[Debtags-devel] Re: really early "sneak preview" on web frontend ; -)

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jul 23 16:26:27 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 05:38:38PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > I still feel the same problem as last time: when you expand a facet, the
> > informations below the mouse change, leaving me lost: in these kinds of
> > expansion, the item below the mouse cursor after the expansion should be
> > the same that it was before the expansion.
> Well, any idea how do achieve that in HTML/CSS/DOM/JS?

I'm no web dude, but here's my take:

One way would be having two colums, one for the facets and one for the
tags.  When you click on a facet, the next column will be populated with
the tags.

Mock-up, initial version:

Facets:       |  Tags:
--------------+---------------
accessibility |
admin         |
culture       |
devel         |
field         |
...           |
--------------+---------------

Mock-up, after clicking on a facet

Facets:       | Tags in Devel
--------------+---------------
accessibility | bugtracker
admin         | buildtools
culture       | code-generator
DEVEL=========| compiler
field         | debian
...           | ...
--------------+---------------

(devel is highlighted, and repeated on top of the list of tags)

> I want the data to be cached. Mozilla hopefully caches, too.
> But: Konqueror doesn't return the cached data. Thats the bug I'm fighting... :-(
> I could probably set the "no-cache" parameter when I detect konqueror,
> but I don't like this approach...

Isn't there some useful option you can specify with "Cache-Control:" ?

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>