[Debtags-devel] The culture can of worms (was: Proposed Debtags goals for Etch)

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:38:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

> The culture facet is a huge can of worms.
>
> It came to life to allow the query '!culture::* || culture::italian',
> that will basically hide all culture-specific packages that are not
> interesting to me.  However, I think that the goal is best served by
> playing a bit better with the locales.

While it's mostly useful for chinese and japanese input systems.
Maybe we should try to keep the number low, and make a
"culture::western", including western europe and us/ca.

In my opinion these tags loose their value if there are too many of
them with too few packages.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\