[Debtags-devel] The culture can of worms (was: Proposed Debtags goals for Etch)

Hervé Eychenne rv at eychenne.org
Mon Jul 25 11:39:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 11:01:11AM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:

> Enrico Zini wrote:
> > The culture facet is a huge can of worms.

> You're right.  I'm sorry I brought it up; maybe it would help cool
> things down if we avoided thinking in terms of "cultures" - after
> all, people are going to be using it to arrange for output in their
> preferred language/writing system, not to decide whether they should
> play baseball or bocce.

It was evident that introducing the "culture" concept would open
Pandora's box (sigh).  And the amount of emails starting to arrive
shows it clearly.
There seem to be more people ready to argue about the exact scope of
some geographical culture than fixing bugs or actually tagging the
packages.  What a pity.

Please, let's prevent hot potatoes from entering into the debtags database!
There is still too much _useful_ work to do for accepting being
burried into endless and pointless discussions.

 Hervé

--
 _
(°=  Hervé Eychenne