[Debtags-devel] Re: Debtags for medical issues

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Wed Jul 27 11:41:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Christian Heller wrote:

> medicine::pms
> medicine::his
> medicine::doc::requirements
> medicine::doc::standards::openehr (part of CEN/TC251)
> medicine::doc::standards::hl7
> medicine::doc::standards::hdtf
> medicine::doc::standards::edifact
> medicine::doc::standards::xdt (future standard in Germany is SCIPHOX)
> medicine::doc::standards::hxp
> medicine::doc::standards::dicom
> (in case somebody writes up FREE documentation; OpenEHR is free as
> far as I know, i.e. the authors would have to be contacted)
>
> PMS             - Practice Management System
> HIS             - Hospital Information System
Fine.  I expect to have this kind of packages in the future.

> OpenEHR         - Open Electronic Health Record
> CEN             - Comite Europeen de Normalisation
>                  (European Committee for Standardisation)
> TC              - Technical Committee
> HL7             - Health Level Seven
> HDTF            - Healthcare Domain Task Force
> EDIFACT         - EDI for Administration, Commerce and Transport
> EDI             - Electronic Data Interchange
> xDT             - x DT
> SCIPHOX         - Standardisation of Communication between Information Systems
>                  in Physician's Offices and Hospitals using XML
> DT              - Datentraeger
> HXP             - Healthcare Xchange Protocol
These are interesting ideas but we have no packages which would cover these
fields and just inventing categories for non-existing packages might make
no sense at all.

> DICOM           - Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine
I would suggest
   medicine::standards::dicom
(without the ::doc) because we have no documentation but implementation
packaged.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--