[Debtags-devel] SOAP

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Wed Oct 19 08:00:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 01:42:41PM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:

> Perhaps we need a good single tag these could all be unified under.
> The ::rpc tag might work, but does it belong under devel::?
> Or perhaps we need a full set of categories that divide the field up
> neatly.  Any suggestions?

I would like to keep the 'protocol' facet as a big flat registry of
protocols for/with which the application does something relevant.
The recent thread about instant messaging has shown quite well how
protocols can be hard to categorise, as they're pure instruments that
can be used reused and abused at will for any purpose.

In this respect, I'd definitely go with protocol::soapand
protocol::xmlrpc.

More generic tags like ::rpc could better belong under 'devel', I agree.

To summarise, we can add:

  protocol::soam
  protocol::xmlrpc

devel::rpc is there already.  What was the problem with it?

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>