[Debtags-devel] A first use of the bayesian tagger

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Tue Oct 25 21:15:23 UTC 2005

Hello

> Step one: make it work.
>
>   apt-get install libparse-debian-packages-perl dh-make-perl
>   dh-make-perl --cpan Heap::Priority --desc "Heap::Perl needed for Ben's AI tagger"
>   dpkg -i libheap-priority-perl_0.01-1_all.deb
Cool, this is a nice thing :-) I used the perl download, but wondered
how I will get rid of the modules later...
I should add this to the README file.

> Let's see what happens if I keep for manual verifications only those
> ones for which the ai-tagger is unsure...
>
>  <coding... coding... coding... clickety clickety click...>
>
> This will need a bit of scripting, I'll followup with the results.
This is great, there is actually someone using the tagger!! Good luck!
/me hugs Enrico
/me is ashamed of his emotional outbreak on a public mailing list ;-)

Good we speak a common language: Perl....

You might consider reviewing the tags the tagger disagrees with too.
There was a human being tagging in the first place, and he/she might
have more insight into the package under review than the AI-tagger.

Greetings Ben