[Debtags-devel] Tips collected while approving LOTS of tags

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:24:45 UTC 2005

Hi,
>  - "foo-data" won't probably have many tags besides
>    "role::content:data".  Don't add other tags to it, unless one could
>    want the "foo-data" package for some specific reaon besides using
>    "foo".

I don't fully agree here. Obviously it shouldn't copy the role:: or
ui:: tags from the "parent" package, but at the same time, if you want
to e.g. classify/group packages on your system you will want the foo
and foo-data packages to be in the same category as far as possible.
E.g. "enigma-data" should really be in the games section. So if I
decide to purge all game related stuff from my system that packge is
being selected automatically, too (yes, I know about dependencies and
such).

>    For example, squirrelmail is a web application, but its main focus is
>    mail, not HTTP, so it can go in mail::user-agent and protocol::imap.

Well, I actually doubt that squirrelmail speaks http. It will produce
http output, and use the CGI interface, but not do http itself.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\