[Debtags-devel] First attempts at reviving the packagebrowser

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Oct 31 23:14:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:10:59PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> In the meantime I've implemented editing and caching of previously
> computed navigational data.
> The modifications are stored, but there's no procedure yet to integrate
> them anywhere, so don't use it except for trying it out.

...and we go on with various cleanups, and a bayesian ranking on tags.

The bayesian is used in the editor.  For each tag, I ask dbacl how
likely it is that that tag can be attached to that package.  Then I use
the results to sort the tags.

The results are kind of random now, probably because I also rank tags
that have very few packages attached.

The dbacl data is gerated periodically at home (takes some hours), put
online in my webserver then periodically downloaded by alioth.

'periodically' currently means 'when I remember about it', since I'm not
setting up cronjobs for such an early prototype :)

People who are savy in javascript or ajax development, please offer
help: as you can see, it's needed :)

Ciao,

Enrico

--