[Debtags-devel] New (experimental) Debtags package search page

Frederic Lehobey Frederic.Lehobey at free.fr
Fri Apr 7 14:09:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:55:45PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I implemented a new kind of package search, here:
>   http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
> It's an experimental new way of searching Debian packages: you start
> with a normal text search, and then you work with categories.

> It is experimental and it is a prototype, so it is slow.
> But it is cool!

I am considering using this to replace lists of thematic science
software on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience.

As an example, I would like to replace the first part of
`Mathematics tools already packaged in Debian' by some call like

(and maybe later something more refined using more debtags, like

Unfortunately, this URL does not yield the complete list of tagged
packages I can get by other means (adept or whatever).

Are there some restrictions on the number of answers that explain this

> [1] http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/packagebrowser/faq-search.html

I have read it.   ;-)

Thanks for your work on debtags,
Frederic Lehobey