[Debtags-devel] New (experimental) Debtags package search page

Frederic Lehobey Frederic.Lehobey at free.fr
Fri Apr 7 14:09:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:55:45PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I implemented a new kind of package search, here:
>
>   http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
>
> It's an experimental new way of searching Debian packages: you start
> with a normal text search, and then you work with categories.

> It is experimental and it is a prototype, so it is slow.
> But it is cool!

I am considering using this to replace lists of thematic science
software on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience.

As an example, I would like to replace the first part of
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceMathematics
`Mathematics tools already packaged in Debian' by some call like
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi?tags=field::mathematics

(and maybe later something more refined using more debtags, like
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi?words=&tags=field::mathematics&&facet-role=role::sw:utility)

Unfortunately, this URL does not yield the complete list of tagged
packages I can get by other means (adept or whatever).

Are there some restrictions on the number of answers that explain this
behavior?

> [1] http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/packagebrowser/faq-search.html

I have read it.   ;-)

Thanks for your work on debtags,