Google Summer of Code

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 20:04:10 UTC 2006

Hi Alex,
I added the AI tagger to the project ideas list, too. But beware,
there are others interested in that project, too. ;-) "AI and Tags",
that is very web2.0ish. People love that. (Google probably too...)
I hope that Enrico or Benjamin can maybe mentor. But I've put my name
on the list for now (Enrico, Benjamin: feel free to put yours there
instead), since I'd really like to see these projects being realized.
The central database project is more important to me, and I'm probably
a better mentor for that. The AI tagger should be integrated with the
central database, obviously, but that can happen at the very end of
the project. Oh, and I of course have some ideas for the AI tagger,
too... yeah, unless Enrico or Benjamin or someone else jumps in I'll
probably mentor it, too.
Depending on the scale, it could be worth to split the AI tagger
project into two parts. One responsible for the AI, the other for
doing a tagging UI. Which probably is similar to the review UI I have
on my debtags DB wishlist.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\