nitpicking about a couple of ML like languages (caseness and the heck)

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Thu Feb 2 08:50:35 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  I've a couple of comments / bug reports about programming languages of
the ML family and how they are tagged using debtags.

1) Descriptions of OCaml [1] related tags use the string "Ocaml" to
   refer to the language while the correct spelling is "OCaml".
   According to "debtags tagcat" the descriptions that need to be fixed
   are:

     Tag: devel::lang:ocaml

     Tag: made-of::lang:ocaml

2) Tags that deal with the Standard ML language [2] use the tag part
   "ml" which is rather meaningless. There is no "ML" programming
   language, the "ML" is a whole family of programming languages.
   "OCaml" and "Standard ML" are two languages of that family.

   I herebt propose to change that tags to include the "sml" tag part.
   The tags that need to be changes AFAICT are the following two:

      Tag: devel::lang:ml            -> devel::lang:sml
      Tag: made-of::lang:ml          -> devel::lang:sml

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers.

[1] http://caml.inria.fr
[2] http://www.smlnj.org/sml97.html