[proposal] Simplified junior tags & debtags-based replacement for metapackages

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Feb 23 13:09:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 17:04 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I plan to do this since several month but my time currently does not
> permit it (and will not until this summer because).  I'm in favour of
>
>     cdd::med::<something>
>
> for Debian-Med

What kind of <something> did you have in mind for Debian-Med?

> while I'm not convinced that I will drop the
> meta packages approach.

There are some minor flaws debtags alone can't solve, but Debian Jr.'s
dependencies are very straighforward, so it won't suffer from the
change.  We're kind of left in the lurch here without tasksel, and
debtags is reaching maturity, so I think for Debian Jr., now is the time
to make the move.  Such flaws as there are can, I hope, be solved as we
go by improving the tools.

> Not at first glance - seems well thought.

Thanks.

Ben