If I do tagging, will it be used?

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Sun Jul 9 12:48:37 UTC 2006

Enrico Zini wrote:
> Daniel Dickinson wrote:
>> If I do tagging, will it be used?
>
> Please keep tagging.  Yes, tags are currently ending up in a backlog,
> but Alex de Landgraaf is working on the tag inference AI that could be
> put to use to approve 'obvious' tags, and for the rest we put together a
> very good idea today here at RMLL (thanks to aba).
>
> The idea is to have maintainers approve tags for their packages.

Does this mean that if I find a package that seems in need of a tag
there's no way to tell whether that tag has already been submitted?

And if I submit a bunch of tags, some of which are accepted and some
rejected, I won't get any feedback to tell me that I'm misapplying
(eg) the "works-with::unicode" tag?
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)