Go Alex Go!

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Jul 13 19:25:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 12:32:29AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> I'm just not sure yet that we need "itemset mining", or maybe we are
> better of with some "traditional" correlation calculations. I.e. for
> any two tags a, b calculate the likelihoods P(a | b) and P(b | a) and
> somehow use these in the AI.

This suggests me of an idea of how the new smart search algorithm can be
used to find misplaced tags:

 1) Run a keyword search
 2) See what are the tags that are most negatively affected by the
    search but still present in the result set
 3) Investigate if they should actually be there

Please remind me to try it out when I come back.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>