Please support experimental in the web tagger

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Tue Nov 28 10:04:37 CET 2006

> I'd love to see support for
> experimental-only packages in the tagger, so that people can tag packages
> there without needing to wait until they hit the wider audience of unstable.
Agreed.
We also need a way to tag packages in the process of packaging.
Otherwise we will never get people to tag packages, the way we want them
to.
Perhaps a field in the Package Control file that lists the tags and is
parsed upon upload would be in order?
I remember this idea has been floating around for some time, and Enrico
wrote some kind of prototype for such a mechanism [1]. Enrico, could you
comment on the state of that?

Best regards

Ben

[1]