Packagesearch empty search results

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Sun Sep 17 10:56:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

after doing an "apt-get install debtags" today, I noticed that a lot of
facets were shown to be empty in packagesearch. Investigation showed,
that the containing tags did not produce any search results.
I have confirmed that using debtags search. E.g.
        debtags search "implemented-in::c++"
returns an empty result set. Whereas the tags are there
        > debtags tagsearch implemented
        implemented-in (facet) - Implemented in
        implemented-in::ada - Ada
        implemented-in::c - C
        implemented-in::c++ - C++
        [..]

As expected "debtags cat" shows that no package has any
implemented-in::* tags assigned:
        debtags cat |grep implemented-in
returns an empty result.

Other tags do work:
         > debtags search "mail::pop"
        mailutils - GNU mailutils utilities for handling mail
        mutt - text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG, PGP and
        threading
        libgnumail-java - free implementation of the javamail API
        [..]
However many do not (e.g. the  role facet is totally empty).

Note that I have performed "debtags update" today.

Could someone please investigate.

Best regards Ben