Description of use::viewing

Justin B Rye jbr at edlug.org.uk
Sat Sep 23 16:17:14 UTC 2006

Enrico Zini wrote:
> looks like we could improve this:
>
> Tag: use::viewing
>  Data Visualization
>
> "Data visualization" makes me think of vis5d and all other sort of
> scientific things.  Maybe just "Viewing" would be better?

"Viewing images"?  Plain "Visuali[sz]ation"?

The ones where "use::viewing" really does mean "converting datasets
to graphical form" rather than "playing movies" would presumably
have distinctive field:: tags, too.  And don't they mostly use
vector formats?

> Also, I've been asking for a use:: tag for ircmarkers, and we seem to
> lack one.  It's not about viewing, but about rendering some data
> somehow.  Maybe use::plotting?

Turning an existing set of coordinates into an xearth display sounds
like a pretty good example of data visualisation...
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)