Ajax debtag tag clouds

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Sep 28 06:29:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 03:07:25AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Anyway, here you go:
> http://people.debian.org/~erich/debtagcloud/tags.html

I tried but I get a white page.  Firefox says:

  data.tags has no properties -- tags.html (line 32)

29 function contentCallBack(type,data,evt) {
30	var handlerNode = document.getElementById("content");
31	handlerNode.innerHTML = "";
32	var len = data.tags.length;
33	var max = 0;
34	for (var i=0; i<len; i++)
35		if (data.tags[i][1] > max)
36			max = data.tags[i][1];

I'd really like to have a look, as I was considering to use tag clouds
to replace the old navigator at
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi, possibly doing some
clever thing with relevant or discriminant tags to give more structure
to the amount of information.

Another idea I had for tag clouds was to provide entry pages for when
people click on tag names, for example, in packages.debian.org: that can
bring to some package list, with a tag cloud containing the companion
tags of the clicked one.

So many interesting things to do!

Ciao,

Enrico