New Tags needed

Marco Amadori marco.amadori at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:34:58 UTC 2006

Alle 12:06, venerdì 29 settembre 2006, Justin B Rye ha scritto:

> > categorizing "casper" I found me in need of more tags, precisely:
> (That's "casper" the Debian Live initramfs generator)
>
> > filetransfer::nfs
> > filetransfer::tftp
>
> (Weren't we going to either stamp out this facet, moving it all
> into protocol::, or alternatively take protocol::*ftp etc out of
> protocol::?  Having both just looks disorganised...)

Yes, I was in trouble choosing between "prococol" and "filetransfer", but both
missed "tftp"

> > role::hook (I know there is plugin, but maybe just adding "hook" in tag
> > description could fit)
>
> Because of /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/casper?  ::plugin seems
> to fit - after all, it could equally well have been named in the
> same style as /etc/init.d/casper (a runparts directory) or
> /usr/share/lintian/overrides/casper...

No, casper in initramfs terms is an hook for it.

And (OT), is lintian clean now :-)

> > works-with-format::filesystem-image
>
> Other possibles: admin::boot, admin::filesystem,
> implemented-in::shell, scope::utility, use::configuring?

Casper has:
Tag: admin::boot, filetransfer::smb, implemented-in::shell, role::plugin,
scope::utility, works-with-format::iso9660

but I think it will need also the tag above mentioned and:

filetransfer::smb -> should be -> protocol::smb
filetransfer::nfs   -> should be ->  protocol::smb

but filetransfer::tftp it is correct since allows to download a kernel +
initramfs via tftp

"use::configuring" I don't know if it apply really well

> > I'm not subscribed to the list so CC me in replies please
Same

--
ESC:wq