Installing the whole set of scientific packages

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Feb 12 19:11:15 CET 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Thomas Walter wrote:

>> Another very reasonable approach is debtagging the scientific
>> packages and use the features of debtags to install scientific
>> packages.
>>

> Using debtags would be very helpfull for GUI and CLI tools.
> But I havn't seen these tags in the "available" file
> [/var/lib/dpkg/available].
> Maybe this has changed in the new frozen/unstable tree?

I hope that somebody of debtags-devel list might be able to
give a short summary about the possible usage of DebTags for the
purpose of "installing all scientific applications" as it was
requested in the thread starting at

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2007/02/msg00011.html

I'm unfortunately not prepared to give a reasonable overview -
it is just on my agenda to learn more about DebTags.

Many thanks

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de