role and devel tags for -dbg packages

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Thu Jan 4 14:25:50 CET 2007

Hello,

> I maintain a couple of packages that produce -dbg binary packages
> (stripped debugging symbols only, in case anyone is unfamiliar with
> them).  I notice that right now there is no role:: or devel:: tag for
> these sorts of packages, so I have temproarily tagged both as todo.

Currently there is the "devel::debugger" tag which is currently intented
for that kind of packages. The tag-name is misleading, though the short
description says it right: "Debugging". I recently suggested to rename
the tag to devel::debugging.

I believe there is consensus to use this tag for -dbg packages. Current
pracitce does reflect this (try "debtags search devel::debugger").

Regarding a role:: tag, I believe the most appropriate one is
currently ::devel-lib. Do we need another tag here?

Regards Ben