RDF export of Debtags data

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:09:03 CET 2007

Hi,
A few days ago, I created a RDF export (DOAP, to be precise) of the
Debtags data.
The export is rather minimal, and still needs some improvement (e.g.
adding some kind of linking to the actual package information. So the
format will definitely change (but will still be RDF :-))
It would be interesting to have a RDF representation of Debian package
information as well (i.e. dependencies, descriptions, ...) that could
somehow be merged with this information.
Enrico, IIRC you sent me a link about an EU-funded research project
analyzing Debian package information? Can you send me that link again?
Did they use RDF?

Facets are not yet represented in this dump. I'll probably add another
RDF dump with vocabulary information, which will include facets.
Facets are not a property of the packages, but of the tags, and the
dump is currently package-centric.

http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/rdf/rdf.gz

(data will be cached for up to 10 minutes; please avoid aggressively
that much...)

If you are using RDF, I'd really appreciate suggestions on how to
improve the RDF dump, and also on what cool things could be done with
this information.

On the long run, it would be cool to have a X-DOAP field in the
package descriptions (probably on a source level), and somewhat link
that with Debtags and Debian information.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\