Which DebTag for Debian-Med ?

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Jan 8 16:14:26 CET 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Steffen Moeller wrote:

> Gene prediction programs only work on DNA, I think I have seen the dynamite
> package in this context beyond its ITP stage. If one considers to tag ITPs,
> too, then there is little doubt that the distinction is required.

As far as I know ITPs are not DebTagged.  I think it would be reasonable
to add the information as free text to the ITP bug report to ask the
maintainer to include the tags immediately, but this comes into effect
only if the package hits the ftp mirror.

>> Ahhh, this is a VERY important hint.
> Good. But how about becoming more specific, like:
>
> works-with-format::biology::affy::dat
> works-with-format::biology::affy::cel
>
> Very useful for very few people, but for the masses?

I don't know anything about the format nor the use case.  So if you
would consider this to be overkill we should not make a science of itself
from DebTagging, but find useful cases.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--