Add new tag uitoolkit::xcb and maybe x11::composite-manager?

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:27:23 UTC 2012

Hello Arnaud,
> Could it be possible to add a  new tag uitoolkit::xcb? ATM there is only
> uitoolkit::xlib but many packages are using xcb instead of xlib.

Is this a significant difference, or doesn't it essentially boil down
to "raw X"?
After all, GTK is supposed to use xlib or xcb also, afaict.

> Also, even though it would only concern very few packages, I'm wondering
> if a  tag x11::compositing-manager  or x11::composite-manager  should be
> added?

Is this a signficiant difference to being a window manager? Aren't
most composite managers also doing window management?
I see little end-user benefits here, actually.

Just my $0.02

Regards,
Erich