Feedback on a new system::* set of tags

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Jan 28 11:30:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 04:20:53PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> For the smartphones & tablets common tag, it's a tricky one, the main
> thing in common is the small size and the fact that you can carry them
> with you (and maybe the "connectivity").
>
> So, my suggestion would be "system::pocket-devices" or
> "system::mobile-devices" because they are devices that you can easily
> carry in your jacket.

Good idea. Your mail plus
make me decide to go for "system::mobile".

There is now even a new official Debian list whose introduction matches
rather well the intention of this tag.

[For the debian-mobile people I just Cc-ed, we are talking about a
proposal[1] for a new Debtags facet for "Class of system" (laptop, mobile,
server, cloud, embedded...]

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debtags-devel/2012-January/002157.html

Ciao,

Enrico