[Debwebid-discuss] Reworked the Wiki page a bit

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Nov 6 17:56:41 UTC 2013

Quoting Olivier Berger (2013-11-06 18:25:07)
> I've reworked the Wiki page so we can have now :
>
>  - https://wiki.debian.org/WebIDForDebianWebServices which is the main
>    entry point about the matters being discussed in this list
>
>  - https://wiki.debian.org/WebIDDebianNet which specifically deals with
>    my early experiment on webid.debian.net
>
> I thinks this should be more logical than having a single page with a
> bit of a mess.
>
> I hope it makes sense.
>
> Feel free to improve WebIDForDebianWebServices (and or WebID).

That separation indeed helps, IMO.

I am still wondering if the choice of domain webid.debian.net is
confusing more than it helps.  At least if confuses me - I wonder if
perhaps foaf.debian.net or lod.debian.net would've been more accurate:

That website hosts auto-generated semantic data _describing_ DDs and
tying some project data (e.g. package releases) to DDs using URLs at
that same website, right?  But are those URLs WebIDs?

As I understand it, a WebID is a URL under the control of the agent that
it identifies.  Or am I then talking WebID+TLS - not the (new)
definition of WebID itself?!?

 - Jonas