[Debwebid-discuss] rdf coordination

Iain R. Learmonth irl at fsfe.org
Wed Aug 12 22:31:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:13:15PM +0200, chrysn wrote:
> One aspect would be how we can offer the data we're accumulating. Iain
> has mentioned issues with the dataset growing out of hand, so how can we
> serve it? Should we at all collect it in a single place, or have (in the
> spirit of the diverse services that are not UDD) the information spread
> breadcrumb style over the services? Can we, then, still offer it as a
> dump download and/or a SPARQL endpoint?

For some services it may be possible to provide a SPARQL endpoint. It got
out of hand extremely quickly when I added triples to represent package
inter-dependencies (over 40GB of rdflib graph followed by a crash). There is
no reason to avoid placing this data into UDD, and the aim should be to
place them into UDD.

> Once we collect the information, what can we offer (at least in the
> style of a demo) where the linked data nature of it can be leveraged?
> (Everything that only queries Debian internal data can be queried from
> UDD as well, and SPARQL might or might not be a more accessible approach
> than SQL on UDD). Which systems can we mash it up with? PyPI?

rdf.debian.net links to CPAN and PyPI currently. See:

  http://rdf.debian.net/project/librdf-linkeddata-perl.html

Another thing I've been considering is XMPP pubsub with RDF as me and pocock
have been talking about an XMPP service for Debian Developers, but I haven't
got much futher than that so far.

Thanks,
Iain.

--