[Decaf-devel] unionfs support for pam_mount

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Dec 13 13:59:42 CET 2006

Hi Jan, hi list,

for a project I’m working on right now (DeCaf[1], a Debian distribution
for internet cafes with focus on developing countries), I’d like to
mount the home directory of the user as a unionfs[2], consisting of a
read-only template directory and a tmpfs mount for the changes, which
should be discarded after the user logged out.

I’d like to re-use as much as code as possible, so obviously, pam_mount
is the primary candidate to implement that, but since unionfs mounts can
not be controlled my mount directly, special support (similar to
smbmount etc.) would be needed.

Would it be possible to include that support in pam_mount?

Thanks,
Joachim

PS: Please keep the decaf-devel list in CC.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DeCaf
[2] http://www.am-utils.org/project-unionfs.html

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner