[Decaf-devel] Copy-on-Write-to-Discard Homedirs

Luis Matos gass at otiliamatos.ath.cx
Wed Dec 13 21:58:56 CET 2006

I don't look at decaf as a CDD but as debian package.
if you install libpam-decaf you WANT to use it. ok, maybe you don't
activate it, but provide all the files for it. The administrator will
only copy the file to the right location.

for example, provide /usr/share/doc/libpam-decaf/examples/decaf.pam to
administrator to copy to /etc/pam/pam.d/ .

in decaf.conf we maybe also add the use of timecode logins and/or dbuser
logins (extending the decaf's current database in the future).

i think for a current 0.2 goal we should implement 100% timecode and
have it tested.

so, if i'm right, decaf client (libpam) works like:

 -> user is asked for timecode.
 -> user logins as decaf_user (defined in conf)
 -> a tempfs is mounted as user's home

--
Best Regards,