[Decaf-devel] Re: [pam_mount] Why does it want my password?

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at linux01.gwdg.de
Tue Dec 19 16:31:13 CET 2006

>> pam_mount should always be optional. (Though that won't solve
>> the problem.)
>
>Really? In this case, a failure in pam_mount should abort the login, as

Well _in the_ event that you want it to fail, "required". But I think
that is a rare case. At least give the user _some_ shell so he can
ssh to somewhere else in case something got fubared.

>that would leave the home directory unprotected. (It is protected by a
>tmpfs overlay using unionfs)

Unprotected? What, where? If it is not mounted at all for whatever
reason, how can it be unprotected - ok where did I miss something?

	-`J'