[Dehs-devel] dehs welcome

Bluefuture bluefuture@email.it
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:16:59 +0100

Welcome all,
this is the first message of the dehs-devel mailing list.
Actually we are:
- Filippo Giunchedi
His was working on watch upstream data integration in pts.
- Jeroen van Wolffelaar
Is actively working on debian qa. It has also integrated the dehs patch
on http://qa.debian.org/developer.php.
- Lucas Wall
He wants cleanup and standardizing dehs in a new branch over svn. He
will announce it on this mailing list.
-

Julian Gilbey
Developer and maintainer of devscripts/uscan. He actually maintain the
watch format standard.

In this days i had prepared a patch for having dehs formatted data from
uscan and i had send it to Filippo and Lucas. I the meantime Julian has
finished, on his own, dehs data output integration in uscan on svn [1].
He was waiting for reviews before releasing the new version of
devscripts. Please Julian, could you shortly summarize dehs output
integration done on uscan in svn?
Filippo and lucas, could you help me to review this changes?

We need also to expand the watch file format for accepting specification
of the upstream changes file (news, changelog etc. etc.) and choice
pre-coded options excuses for packages that could not have a watch file
(for example if a maintainer is following the cvs version and there is
not any tarball released by the upstream author and other possible
excuses). Anyobody has already in mind some common cases for packages
that dosen't could have watch control on upstream version?

We need also to expand dehs db for integrate the debian upload date and
the release version date of the upstream, and find a valid method for
retrive the upstream release date for watch file that point on html
pages.

Any other idea or proposal is appreciated.

Cheers,
Stefano