[Dehs-devel] IDEAS for new dehs

Filippo Giunchedi dehs-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Mon, 2 May 2005 08:24:20 +0200

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

I wrote some ideas that could be useful to better understand were we are an=
d in
which direction we should go WRT dehs

in pseudo-code:
-------
download_diff(package)
if watch_exists(package)
    record_output_uscan(package)
else
    if copyright_exists(package)
        if guess_url(package)
            record_output_uscan(package)
        else
            unable_to_create_watch(package)
    else
        unable_to_create_watch(package)
-------

output:

package | debian version | upstream version | watch file | uscan output | s=
tatus

status includes:
  no problem (watch file present and working)
  has watch but it is not working
  has copyright but guess_url failed
  has copyright and guess_url succeded
  has no copyright

output will be ((x)html static) pages (sorted by package name):
-  packages without watch file (but including guessed watch)
-  packages with watch file but not working
-  per-package page /hash/package_name/summary.html (hash is like in the PT=
S,
lib if name.startswith("lib"), name[0] otherwise)
-  watch file /hash/package_name/watch (guessed or downloaded)
-  uscan output /hash/package_name/uscan
   (also copyright file if present)
-  output data in some format for use with qa and/or PTS

every page should be regenerated (using a flag?) when either a new diff is
downloaded or uscan output changes

dynamic page can be filter_by_regexp on package name

comments are welcome,
filippo =20

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--