[Dehs-devel] News on last changes made to DEHS (and related news)
atomo64+debian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:34:24 UTC 2007
Since yesterday I'm part of the team, here are some news on what I've
done/caused and other DEHS-related news:
== Backend directory move ==
First of all, DEHS' 'backend' is not on Stefano's home directory anymore, it
is now available at /home/groups/dehs/dehs_prj/dehs/
This move has lead to an easier way to modify the backend so we don't have to
work under a home directory.
== SVN changes ==
The svn repository now has the latest and working/used code. And to make the
best out of this the backend is nothing but a copy of the repository which
can be updated by executing svn update.
This will hopefully make the maintenance of the backend a lot easier, this
because everyone willing to modify it should commit the change to the
repository and then update the work dir.
I've also enabled commit notifications to be emailed to the mailing list,
hoping everybody is notified about any change.
== Code changes ==
Besides some minor bug fixing, the backend will now make two attempts to
create a working watch file, hoping this will increase the number of
generated watch files.
As soon as the data is updated I'll compare the results and see if it is a
good idea to try twice.
A XSS and SQL injections vulnerability was also fixed in maintainer.php
Also, the backend is now using uscan.pl from devscripts' repository, and each
run of the dehs.sh script will check for a new version of it and notify.
This change will hopefully make DEHS more accurate on its results by
supporting the latest features of uscan.
The shell scripts will now abort in case any of the commands exit with a
non-zero status (see below why).
The dehs_pg.php script when dying will now also exit with a custom status code
(php returns '0' when a non-numeric value is passed to die/exit).
== DEHS data update ==
It was probably noticeable that the data on DEHS was older than usually.
This was caused because of a stalled uscan process, situation which Stefano
solved by killing all the processes.
So today I started the update process with the refreshed backend, which caused
* .html pages were regenerated but emptied because my alioth user wasn't
authorised to connect to the database
* For the same reason, the database wasn't updated at all
This was solved by Stephen Gran by creating a dehs group with UPDATE INSERT
SELECT and DELETE privileges on the database and added me and Stefano to it.
This way it should be easier to manage the database access rights.
After this, I started again the update script which is at the time of typing
still running (700 watch files left to check). I've also regenerated the html
pages so they don't display the silly 'db error' message :)
As I mentioned above, the shell scripts will now abort if any of the commands
exit with a non-zero status, trying to prevent what happened because of my
user not having enough rights.
I think that for now this is it, I guess everybody reading this message is
aware of my bug reporting on bogus watch files so I don't have to talk about
I hope I'm not missing any important information :)
Atomo64 - Raphael
Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/dehs-devel/attachments/20071126/cdebf99e/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dehs-devel